- Demonstrate a sustainable, efficient process for the production of UV-curable bio-based paints characterized by very low product variability
- Develop a fully automated, closed-loop process that will not produce any waste nor emit any VOC, and will use less energy than the state of the art
- Replace traditional noxious petrochemicals (especially styrene and acrylic/methacrylic acid) with safer and environmentally friendly bio-based materials
- Establish optimal process conditions and innovative formulations for bio-based resins containing other bio-based components.
- Establish optimal process conditions and innovative formulations for UV-curable bio-based paints.
- Design, assemble, start-up and validate:
- Pilot production line for bio-based paint
- Prototype bio-based paints moving TRL from 6 to 7/8
- Carry out an Environmental and Socio-economic Impact Assessment, as well as an LCA, establishing firmly the parameters of life cycle assessment for bio-based resins and paints
Design and turn-key construction of a new pilot plant within the Italian production site of IVM Chemicals in Parona (PV)